DFØ developes efficient financial management for public sector activities and works to improve resource efficiency within the area.
This will be achieved by coordination of competence and resources in public financial management, enabling us to exploit economies of scale and competence. The goal is higher quality and lower total cost for the financial management of the public sector.
We serve approximately 227 organisations under the various ministries, through systems and services with accounting, budgeting, wages and human resources, in addition to technical support and training on relevant systems.
In addition to deliveries of financial systems and services to customers, we are also responsible for certain central activities transferred from the Ministry of Finance in May 2004. These are state account, the state cash system, and administration of regulations for financial management in central government.
Our year in numbers
- 420 employees
- 83 % of all government agencies uses our payroll and accounts services
- 79.000 salary payments for government employees, 90.000 payments for commission payed and 31.000 payments for hourly paid
- 44.6 billion NOK paid in salary and travel payments
- 781.000 processed invoices
- 65 million transactions through the state cash system
- 227 government agencies rapport to the state account